Chapters - Asia Pacific - Awards
TERMIS-AP announces the Call for nomination of 2023 TERMIS-AP Awards
The deadline for the submission of nominations for the 2023 TERMIS-AP Awards Program is Tuesday, July 25th, 2023.
TERMIS-AP AWARDS COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Jin Ho Lee (Chair, FTERM)
- Jen Ming Yang (Continental Chair)
- Akon Higuchi (Winner of 2021 AP outstanding scientist award)
- As approved unanimously by the TERMIS-AP Council, the following awards and recognitions will be given at the TERMIS-AP 2023 Conference:
- Excellence Achievement Award (one winner)
- Distinguished member Award (up to three winners)
- Outstanding Scientist Award (one winner)
- Young Investigator Award (one or two winners)
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Outstanding Student Award (one winner)
The deadline for the submission of nominations for the 2023 TERMIS-AP Awards Program is Tuesday, July 25th, 2023. Please refer to the following criteria of each award. Nomination packages of each award should be submitted to the TERMIS Executive Administrator:
TERMIS-AP Awards Committee
c/o Sarah Wilburn
- According to the amendment of AP awards rule in 2022 TERMIS AP council member meeting, there are four AP awards including Young Investigator Award, Outstanding Scientist Award, Distinguished member Award, and Excellence Achievement award. In addition, there is the Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Outstanding Student Award.
- The criteria for the AP awards will be evaluated with a reasonable and quantitative system. Each applicant for AP awards should submit the AP award application form.
- The awards committee members only need to double check the document and the sum of the score in the application form submitted from the applicant. It is not allowed for the awards committee members to revise the rule and criteria in this awards committee meeting. The applicants get the highest score will be the winners of the awards.
- The TERMIS-AP Awards Committee then presents the selected winners to the TERMIS AP Council for approval.
- The TERMIS-AP Awards Committee will prepare the certificates and plaques of each award. The Chair of the TERMIS AP Chapter and Awards Committee shall present the certificates and plaques to all the recipients of each award at the recognition ceremony that will be held at the TERMIS-AP 2023 Conference.
Each nomination package submitted for consideration must include the following information:
- One-page Curriculum Vitae
- One-page summary of achievements
- The application form for each applicant
- The list of World Top 2 % Scientists for Whole Life (in 2021, 2022 database) of the applicant for excellence achievement award and distinguished member award
- The first page of the representative publications and provide supporting document for the category of journal ranking and impact factor (IF).
- The copy of certificate or evidence of the national awards or activities in international conferences and international societies
- One (1) letter of recommendation
TERMIS-AP Awards Criteria/Descriptions
Excellence Achievement Award (one winner)
The Excellence Achievement Award has been established to recognize a researcher in the Asia-Pacific region who has made continuous and landmark contributions to the tissue engineering and regenerative medicine field. The award will be acknowledged to an individual, whose work has immense impact, including sustained remarkable contribution to the literatures and the establishment of the TERM field. This award is aimed to provide recognition to the researchers with outstanding contributions and professional excellence achieved in TERM arena, such as scientists, clinicians, educators and/or contributors to TERMIS activities. The nominee must be a TERMIS-AP member, has worked most of his/her career in the TERMIS-AP geographical area and should be nominated by a member of TERMIS-AP.
Distinguished member Award (up to three winners)
According to the previous discussion in 2016 and 2017 TERMIS AP council meeting, the award for TERMIS AP including Excellence Achievement Award, Outstanding Scientist Award, Young Scholar Award, and Best TERM Paper Award. Every three years, Fellow of TERM (FTERM) is decided. So far, there are only few Excellent Achievement Awards, Outstanding Scientist Awards and Young Investigator Awards in TERMIS AP. After the twice discussion in the 2022 AP council member meeting, the TERMIS AP distinguished member award is recommended as a new award. The applicant should be a TERMIS-AP member and nominated by a member of TERMIS-AP.
Outstanding Scientist Award (one winner)
The Outstanding Scientist Award has been established to recognize a mid-career researcher in the Asia-Pacific region who has made significant contributions to the TERM field. The nominated person must have obtained his/her terminal degree 10 years or greater prior to the deadline of the Call. The nominee should be actively involved in the TERM field with well-recognized achievements within the community. To be considered for this award, the person must be a TERMIS-AP member and may apply for the award or be nominated by a TERMIS-AP member.
Young Investigator Award (one or two winners)
The Young Investigator Award has been established to recognize a young researcher in the Asia-Pacific region who has made significant and consistent achievements in the TERM field, showing a clear evidence of his/her potential to excel. The person will be selected based on the nominee’s significant achievements and publications focused within a specific research area. The person must have obtained his/her terminal degree less than 10 years prior to the deadline of the Call. To be considered for this award, the person must be a TERMIS-AP member and may apply for the award or be nominated by a TERMIS-AP member.
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Outstanding Student Award (‘OSA’) (one winner)
Outstanding Student Award (‘OSA’) will be presented to a student (undergraduate/graduate) who has shown outstanding research accomplishments in the tissue engineering and regenerative medicine field. The student will be selected based upon the following requirements and criteria being met:
· a brief CV is provided outlining the career of the student
· a manuscript has been submitted or published within the past 12 months to the journal Tissue Engineering, Part A
· the manuscript does not need to be accepted at the time of nomination, but at a minimum it needs to be submitted
· the individual must be a member of TERMIS
· the manuscript must detail original research work
· potential awardees cannot self-nominate
· the individual must be nominated by a TERMIS member in good standing
· potential awardees must confirm their availability to attend the relevant Chapter conference or World Congress at which their award will be presented.
The manuscript of the winner of the award will be published in the journal, Tissue Engineering, Part A with appropriate recognition, as outlined below. The call for OSA nominations will be announced prior to the annual conference of the Chapter in which the nominee resides or prior to the World Congress in those years a World Congress is held. The student will be selected by the respective Chapter’s Awards Committee.
The TERMIS Awards Committee requires the following information for each nominee:
- curriculum Vitae
- certification of student status
- manuscript submitted or published within the 12 months prior to the relevant meeting
- one letter of recommendation
- a statement confirming attendance at the relevant TERMIS Chapter/World Congress conference should the nominee be successful.
The awardee will receive the following:
· TERMIS-Americas (TERMIS-AM), TERMIS-Europe (TERMIS-EU) and TERMIS-Asia-Pacific (TERMIS-AP) Chapter conferences:
o $500 USD Award from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
o $1000 USD travel support from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
o TERMIS Chapter sponsored registration waiver
o the opportunity to publish their research in Tissue Engineering (page charges and color art fees will be waived).
For each TERMIS-AP Award, if adequate candidates are not available, the award may be not provided.
Past TERMIS-AP Award Recipients
2021 TERMIS-AP Awards Recipients
|Prof. Akon Higuchi
Outstanding Scientist Award
|Dr. Yinghong Zhu
Young Investigator Award
|Dr. Iman Roohani
Young Investigator Award
2022 TERMIS-AP Awards Recipients
|Prof. Yasuhiko Tabata
Excellence Achievement Award
Prof. Yin Xiao
|Dr. Jiao Jiao Li
Young Investigator Award
Dr. Khoon Lim