International Fellows of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (FTERM)
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWS OF TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (FTERM)
The International Fellows of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (FTERM) was created to recognize a distinguished leader within the tissue engineering and regenerative medicine field. FTERM was established to recognize an individuals role in shaping the tissue engineering and regenerative medicine field and TERMIS.
- Honorary status to recognize individuals that have made outstanding contributions to the field of TERM, with outputs of clear professional excellence.
- The distinguished members of TERMIS that are recognized as Fellows should be role models for members of the Society and others in the field.
- Fellows are expected to foster new activities and continue to act as leaders in the field, supporting its development.
Selection Process of FTERM
- Fellows are recognized every three (3) years at the TERMIS World Congress.
- Existing Fellows nominate and approve new Fellows.
- Overview of the nomination process
- Each nomination must be co-signed by two existing Fellows.
- No Fellow can sign more than two nominations.
- Nominations not signed by at least two FTERM fellows will not be accepted.
- Existing Fellows will be asked to consider the need for a diverse (continental, gender, academic, industry diversity etc.) group of Fellows when nominating individuals.
- Nominees must have been a member of TERMIS for at least ten years by the time of the World Congress at which they would be elected, and typically at least 15 years of involvement in the TERM field with a present leading role in related activities.
- Once the nominations have been collected the Fellows will vote (Yes or No). Nominees who receive >80% yes votes (with abstentions not counting as a vote) will be elected as a Fellow.
Chairs of FTERM
R. Geoff Richards (2022-2024)
Rui Reis (2019 - 2021)
David Williams (2016 - 2018)
Stephen Badylak (2015-2017)
To initiate the College of Fellows in 2012, the College Nominations Committee consisted of the President (Stephen Badylak), President-Elect (David Williams) and the three current Chapter Chairs (Yilin Cao - AP; Rui Reis - EU; Robert Guldberg - AM).
Current FTERM Members
Robert Nerem, Americas, 2012 - 2020
2021 Fellows of TERM Class
During the 2021 virtual TERMIS World Congress in November, our newly elected members of FTERM will be recognized.
The 2021 FTERM Class includes:
- Manuela Gomes - University of Minho, EU
- Kacey Marra - University of Pittsburgh, AM
- Alison McGuigan - University of Toronto, AM
- R. Geoff Richards - AO Research Institute, EU
- Katja Schenke-Layland - University Tübingen, EU
- Rocky Tuan - The Chinese University of Hong Kong, AP
2018 Fellows of TERM Class
The 2018 FTERM Class inducted during the 2018 TERMIS World Congress in Kyoto.
From left to right: Gerjo van Osch, Tony Weiss, Rui Reis (FTERM Chair), Milica Radisic and Mauro Alini
FTERM inductee not present at the World Congress: David Smith
2015 Fellows of TERM Class
During the 2015 TERMIS World Congress, the newly elected members into FTERM were recognized.
From left to right: William Wagner, Jin Ho Lee, Robert Guldberg, Stephen Badylak (Chair of FTERM), Rui Reis, Abhay Pandit, Heinz Redl, David Williams (TERMIS President)
2012 Fellows of TERM Class Picture
FTERM recipients that were in Vienna from left to right: Yasuhiko Tabata, Gilson Khang, Jöns Hilborn, Peter Johnson, Robert Nerem, Stephen Badylak, Dietmar Hutmacher, Buddy Ratner, Ranieri Cancedda, David Williams, Antonios Mikos, Ivan Martin, and C. James Kirkpatrick