This year, due to the current pandemic and the cancellation or postponement of the 2020 TERMIS Conferences, we are asking our members to please pay your membership dues for 2020 to help support the society even if you attended a conference of TERMIS in 2019. We thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
How to Become a member of TERMIS
Membership to TERMIS is open to individuals who are interested in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine and support the mission of the Society.
All TERMIS members are members of the Global Society.
TERMIS Membership Dues Structure
Annual Membership Dues
- Membership dues to TERMIS are for the fiscal year (January - December of the current year). Dues have been structured to encourage participation by students, in particular, as follows:
- Regular Membership (annual dues: $100.00) - Any individual who does not qualify as a Student Member.
- Student Membership (annual dues: $25.00)
- Student: A student is any individual who is engaged as a graduate or undergraduate in a university or college program or as an MD resident and is actively interested in research in the field of TERM. Students are required to provide their university ID for verification of their undergraduate/graduate status.
- Young Investigator: Young Investigators are defined as persons who are employed in the field of TERM, who have been either awarded a doctoral degree within the past three (3) years or are working as researchers and have less than seven (7) years research experience following master’s degree. Young Investigators should not hold an appointment as faculty, academic staff or group leader in a university/research institute or in industry. Young investigators are required to have their advisor/supervisor send a letter as proof of the bona fide status of the young investigator.
If you've been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we'll allow for this when we consider your application. If you've taken formal maternity, paternity, or adoption leave as the primary career, or long-term sick leave, we'll allow an extra six months for each period of leave when we consider your postdoctoral experience.
TERMIS Developing/Emerging Countries
Groups A, B and C
TERMIS has announced changes to the category of the developing/emerging countries. Three categories have been identified within the TERMIS membership based on geographical location.
Group A (Countries listed within Group A are to pay the annual membership dues to TERMIS.) membership is for those who are located in an established country, within the remit of a continental chapter, that has a developed scientific infrastructure. There is no change to the membership conditions within these countries which are, for the record: (In Europe) Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, (In the Americas) Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, USA, (In Asia-Pacific) Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and Thailand.
Group B involves location within a country that has limited scientific infrastructure, or within a country that lies outside of the existing responsibility of continental chapters (i.e. most of Africa), such that individuals have limited prospects of belonging to a TERM society. These individuals, on application, will become members of TERMIS Global, without payment of a membership fee. These countries are: (In Europe) Albania, Andorra, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, San Marino, (In the Americas) all Central America and Caribbean Countries. Bolivia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela (In Asia-Pacific), Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Korea (North), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oman, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen (In Africa) all African countries not listed in Group C, Africa.
In Group C are countries that do have some scientific infrastructure and has some TERM activity, and where there is the prospect of establishing a national or regional society or community and which could aspire to become fully recognized within a continental chapter. Initially these are considered similar to Group B but would transfer to Group A as appropriate, such considerations being made on a case-by-case basis. These countries are: (In Europe), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Malta, Monaco, Ukraine, (In the Americas) Chile, Colombia, (In Asia-Pacific) all Oceana Countries except Australia and New Zealand, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, The Philippines, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, (In Africa) Algeria, Egypt, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa.
Membership dues can be paid either online via the online membership application or by sending a check drawn in U.S. Funds and mailed to:
TERMIS Executive Administrator
2227 Promontory Circle
San Ramon, CA 94583